So you've made the wonderful decision to take your family's health into your own hands and eliminate all unhealthy foods from your family's diet. Awesome!
But now that you've decided to purge all meat, dairy, and animal products from your kitchen, what on earth are you going to cook for dinner every night? It is easy to be discouraged away from healthy eating when your family is used to eating the savory, traditional meals that you usually cook. But what if I told you that you can still cook your favorites by simply swapping out all animal products and substituting them for healthy, low-fat food that still pack the same flavor that you and your family adore? You would probably think I was playing some cruel trick on you. You mean that I can still make my famous chili without using ground beef and cheese? Yeah right. Why yes, that is exactly what I mean. And you can do it quickly, inexpensively, and healthily, with amazing flavor that your family will absolutely adore. Here is a delicious, easy-to-make, vegan recipe that you can cook up for dinner this week!
An amazing feat of this delicious, vegan chili mac is that it can be cooked using only one pot, in under thirty minutes, and for less than $12. This meal is perfect for those chilly, winter nights where all you want to do is cuddle up by the fire with a bowl of your favorite cheesy, comfort food and an even cheesier Christmas movie. Eliminate the excessive pots and pans, eliminate all the time and hassle of cooking dinner, and eliminate all worry with this yummy recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 15 oz. can of kidney beans
- 15 oz. can of black beans
- 15 oz. can of chili beans
- 15 oz. can of sweet corn
- (2) 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 1 cup of red, yellow, and green peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of pasta noodles of your choice (elbow and penne work best)
- 1 cup of vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp spiced paprika
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- Dice the onion and peppers and sauté them with olive oil in a large pot on medium heat until onions are soft and transparent.
- Drain and rinse kidney, black, and chili beans and pour them into your pot with the onions and peppers.
- Add both cans of diced tomatoes along with your can of sweet corn and vegetable broth and stir until the sauce is evenly distributed throughout pot.
- Add chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt to your pot and stir.
- Add uncooked pasta noodles and stir until the noodles are coated with sauce. Let the pot come to a boil.
- After your pot is brought to a boil, reduce heat and put lid on pot. Let the food simmer for about 15 minutes or until your noodles are soft and tender and the sauce is thick. Stir often to ensure the noodles don't stick to bottom of the pot.
- Add your shredded vegan cheese and stir until sauce becomes cheesy and saucy.
- Serve and enjoy!
When budget, time, and overall healthiness is a factor, this recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner! This recipe makes a big batch and can serve any large family easily or make for scrumptious leftovers throughout the week. The best part about it is that because it is plant-based, you can indulge without feeling heavy and sluggish afterwards. While most chili recipes call for meat and cheese, this recipe is ideal for those looking to maintain flavor while omitting sodium and calories from their diet.