Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.Romans 12:2
When was the last time you took a course or tried to learn something new? If you can’t remember then it's time to get started!
The first week of September is Self-University week, which has been sponsored by Autodidactic Press since 1989. The goal of this week is to remind people that getting an education is not just a phase in your life. It is a lifelong process.
Life is your greatest teacher and in order to be a great student you need to be constantly curious and be willing to learn, to evolve.
There are so many options you can pursue to learn something you always wanted to.
Here are a few ways by which you can continue your journey:
- Learn a new word every day. Look up a new word and try to use it a couple of times during the day.
- Sign up for a night course, workshop or seminar. There are many institutions that cater to adults who have day jobs.
- Join a book club. Or better yet start one and explore subjects and works you are interested in.
- Respond to an article you recently read and express your thoughts on the topic.
- Spend an hour a day writing down your thoughts. It can be something random or specific.
- Take cooking lessons.
- Try a new fitness program like Shazzy Fitness, a contemporary fun dance fitness program.
Regardless of the path you take, stay on it and never give up your quest to learn.