Have you ever wondered what it will be like when your kids are out of the house?
I never thought that when my kids were out of the house, I would be more busy than ever before! Trying to juggle my full-time job, caregiver duties for my mom, and volunteering at my church (which includes Shazzy Fitness four to five days a week) have been daunting but I wouldn’t trade my life for anything! I am so grateful to be able to teach Shazzy Fitness at my church as often as I do.
Finding time to work out daily is so difficult for most of us. Don’t we all wish we could have the celebrity life and have a trainer on our beck and call whenever we wanted? While this isn't realistic for most of us, I do have eight amazing ways to fit in a workout everyday. By incorporating these simple tasks, you can get your workout in daily!
- Stretch first thing in the morning!Set your alarm 15 minutes early and stretch for 10 minutes. It’s a wonderful way to start your day!
- During your lunch break at work, go for a 10-minute walk. If you have stairs, even better!
- Give yourself three 10-minute breaks throughout your work day. Put in a mini workout. Do squats, core work, even upper body weight training (bring your light weights or resistance bands to work). By incorporating these mini workouts, you’ve already done a 1/2 hour session!
- Make your drive home an enjoyable one. Put on some great music and do some crunches when you’re at a traffic stop or when you’re in traffic. A seated crunch isn’t hard to do when you have the right music on!
- When you get home, before you relax and turn on the tv, turn on some tunes and dance!
- Dinner is simmering...go back to dancing!
- After dinner, go for a nice 10 to 15-minute stroll. The weather not cooperating? Cue your go-to workout and DANCE!
- For the regular people like me who just can’t do the above suggestions, do a mini session every two hours. Do this six times throughout the day and, BAM, you’ve done an hour workout!
Making time for yourself, even if it’s 10-minute increments throughout the day, can make a world of difference, physically and mentally!